Hayward SP714A vs SP714T

Sep 7, 2012
Noblesville, IN
I opened the pool yesterday with hardly any issues. When I started the pump, water started leaking out of a crack near the pressure gauge in the multiport. It isn't leaking too badly so it's not a big deal. I plan to try epoxy to stop the leak first but I was searching for a new replacement in case that doesn't work. I tried searching for what I have (SP714A). The age is unknown but I can read the model number clearly so I'm confident that's what I have. When I search for it I only get returns for the SP714T. Is that just a newer version or is the "T" significantly different than the "A"? They look identical from the pictures. Thanks!

Thanks! That makes sense. Is there a reason (pro or con) to just get the body? It looks like this would fix my problem since the leak is on the body. Although a complete replacement might be just as well since I don't know how old it is and will have it all apart anyway.

Full replacement would be easier but more $$. Are there any issues with the handle turning or locking in place correctly? Is there any leakage out of the waste port when on recirculate or filter? If you suspect issues with other parts of the valve, it might be a good preventative fix to replace the whole valve. You would also have some replacement parts on hand in the old valve if needed later...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.