Vacuum Issue

dvp

May 7, 2016
OKC, OK
Hey all,

What an awesome resource TFP is! I am a new pool owner, bought a house with a pool, and have implemented the TFP water chemistry protocol.

However, I seem to be having some issues vacuuming - there is a significant amount of debris/dirt on the bottom of the pool and no matter how often I vacuum,I don't seem to be making much of a dent into it. By my pump, there is a valve that is positioned in the middle of the main drain and skimmer lines, should I be moving this completely to the skimmer line? Appreciate any insight you all might have.

Pool info:
33,000 gallon 20x40 vinyl, Hayward DE filter

Hey all,

What an awesome resource TFP is! I am a new pool owner, bought a house with a pool, and have implemented the TFP water chemistry protocol.

However, I seem to be having some issues vacuuming - there is a significant amount of debris/dirt on the bottom of the pool and no matter how often I vacuum,I don't seem to be making much of a dent into it. By my pump, there is a valve that is positioned in the middle of the main drain and skimmer lines, should I be moving this completely to the skimmer line? Appreciate any insight you all might have.

Pool info:
33,000 gallon 20x40 vinyl, Hayward DE filter
Yes. Full suction to the vacuum. And if that's too much suction, the head will get stuck on the floor and you crack the valve to the drain enough to let it move.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.