blockage problem

May 7, 2016
Westmoreland/TN
I have a big blockage in my skimmer line and have run out of ideas! First of all I have a 20 X 40 underground pool. My problem started last summer. It was near closing time so after a few attempts trying to dislodge it I just closed the pool till spring. I have no idea what it is, maybe a rock that got vacuumed up/ I really dont know

Now I have opened the pool. I have ran sewer tapes down the line and found where the obstruction is but unable to open it up. The blockage seems to be around a bend in the line as it goes around the side. At times no water will go through and other times probably it becomes half open. I have also tried without success:
Drain King
water hose at full blast
sewer snakes
string from one end to the other but then it got hung on obstruction
opening and closing valve repeatedly

IDk what to do next. Is there a professional to call that would have the equipment to go in there and find the blockage and remove it?????

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Wow, you've gone through our whole bag of tricks. :hammer: At this point, you might very-well end-up having to call a professional who may have a tool with either more force or structurally stronger to penetrate or move that blockage. Perhaps even place a scope down there to see it.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Wow, you've gone through our whole bag of tricks. :hammer: At this point, you might very-well end-up having to call a professional who may have a tool with either more force or structurally stronger to penetrate or move that blockage. Perhaps even place a scope down there to see it.

Thats what I am thinking. I bought a scope to go in there and I can feed it in from the pump but its only about 8ft long and needs to be about 40 ft. lol Would a pool store have this kind of repairman or would I need to look into a plumber? Thanks

Around here it costs $300 to $400 dollars for a plumber to run a camera down a line. On the other hand you would be able to tell you what the blockage is and exactly where it is on the surface. Then you can decide if it makes sense to force it out or if you will have to dig down and cut it out.

Jim R.

Update. Plumber snake would not reach skimmer. Ugggg.
New info I have thought of to share. I have noticed that when main drain is on everything is fine. No air bubbles. When I turn on skimmer side, while main drain still on, ittermittant air bubbles come through. It will do this about every 5 seconds. I now am wondering if maybe the pipe might have collapsed and cracked allowing some air to suck in. Also possibly something lodged in the crushed pipe as well. Idk but I am afraid it's concrete cutting time.
If I do have to cut concrete should i:
Go ahead and replace skimmers, pool is 6 years old
replace line with 2 inch rigid pipe to pump

Any help would be appreciated

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.