Something on the bottom of my pool

marrec

May 1, 2016
Russellville, TN.
I am having a problem with this brownish / grey looking dusty substance on the bottom of my pool. I vacuum to waste almost daily and by the next morning the same stuff is there like I never vacuumed it up. Here is a pic of what it looks like:

something in the pool.jpg

Anyone with any suggestions on what it might be and how to eliminate it.

Thanks all...

could you post some numbers from you test kit, how long have you had that floater in the pool? It is adding CYA all the time..

I looks like dead algae, we may be able to tell what is going on once you have numbers :)

So, I would definitely say that is algae you have there, Your FC should be 8 and above 5 at all times and you are at 0.8

Your water looks good so a SLAM should not take long at all.

Using liquid chlorine/bleach bring your FC to 28 and keep it there until you have passed the OCLT below in my signature :)

You need to take the floater out as it is raising your CYA and only use liquid chlorine..

You can empty about 1/2 of your pool water to drop your CYA down, we recommend about 30 CYA and half of your water will get you close to 30..

If you do decide to empty half your water (CYA 30) your SLAM FC is much lower at 12FC and you will keep it at 4FC daily

I hope this helps, everything is in my signature below :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.