Water in ring after patch job

Blazr

Aug 21, 2013
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a lot of water out of the float ring? I had to drain the swamp to get a patch to hold. It was on the low end of the pool on the inside of the ring. 3rd time I got the patch to hold, talk about a pain! I didn't realize there was that much water in it and not sure how I can suction it out? The valve is at the high end, so that a plus I think. I bought some small tubing thinking I could do it the old fashioned way, but then I thought about the bacteria... Not sure if that's even a real concern trying to get it pulling. I know gravity should keep it flowing once pulling. If I let the air out to try that, water will overflow.

I thought maybe I could try and tape long slender floats to the side to try and keep it up while suctioning? I have a sump ump but its the kind that has to be in the water. I have a shop vac and could duck tape a series of different size tubing to get the water out? I'm trying to be creative in figuring this out without having to go buy a pump. Maybe I'm over thinking this? Decided to post and ask because I'm at my wits end and want to scream! Yes this is all my fault for not trying to level it out, but I figure I have maybe one or two more years before replacing it.

You should have no issue putting the sump pump in to get the water out... as far as level is concerned it should be within 1 inch level :)

Hope this helps

Is it really going to affect the pool operation with having a little water in the ring? Unless there is a lot and its causing the ring to sag enough for the water in the pool to leak out, I would not worry about it for now. Deal with it when you take the pool down some other time.

It does create a sag if the wind blows, seems to move water around the ring and then water flows over the edge.

I've searched and found various threads here and elsewhere, talking about the issues with the ring and possible fixes. I think the best fix for me is probably the thread here in which a fella on page 3 links/couples PVC with noodles just under the lip of the ring. Or if I could find super sized noodles or tubing to slide into the ring, then duck tape. I don't care about aesthetics...

The ring is giving death sounds so I might as well give up on it... It did stay aired for a little over 48 so that must mean there are other leaks and I suspect the valve.

Thank you for the replies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.