Hello from Baltimore

Apr 3, 2016
Baltimore MD
My first post here. Pool just opened. My test kit has arrived and I'm ready to get going. The pool company shocked the heck out the pool this AM and now it's blue. Finally winter is over!

I cant wait to get into some pool chemistry!

The pool was built last fall so we opened it briefly and then closed it. This is our first real season.

John

Hey there John. I spent quite a few years running around "Bal-mer" area in a past life :) Woowoo! memories!

How have you been chlorinating the pool so far?

It was only open for a month last year, and we used those chlorine tablets. I just opened today, and the the guy dumped in multiple bags of super shock. I think that's what it is called. It turned blue immediately!

I have the TF100. It's cold and rainy. Early spring. Not really swimming weather. I
figure I'll fire up the heater in a few weeks. It's even too early for that I think.

I havent tested yet. Pool guy said to wait a week after the big shock. I was gonna do it tomorrow anyway though but will keep in mind that a large dose of shock was added.

Then in I need to read up on this bleach concept for chlorination. I'd like to follow this rather than pucks of chlorine.