Need some help with in-laws pool

Dec 3, 2015
Krugerville, TX
I don't have my test kit so the results are from a Walmart kit. Anyways. Their pool is a 10k gallon above ground pool. It seems to be a shade of green and I can hardly see the bottom. Yesterday I added some Muriatic acid because the test kit showed it to be higher than ph8.4 below are the current results from the cheap kit. Any advice?

FC 3
pH 7.5
TA 40
TH 100
CYA 30-50

First order is to get a better test kit, then you need to SLAM the pool. Have to have a FAS-DPD test that comes with a TF-100 or K-2006 test kit to complete the SLAM procedure properly. Until the kit shows up you could add up to 1/2 gallon of bleach per day, but need proper testing to complete.

After that, they need a maintenance plan for themselves unless you plan on SLAMing the pool every other week all summer long...

Get that test kit ordered STAT! You (or the in-laws) are going to need to SLAM that pool and that requires accurate testing.

TF-100 is my preferred kit (TFTestkits.net ) but you can find the Taylor's K-2006 online there too or elsewhere. Do not accept the K-2005, its not the same and is missing the FAS-DPD chlorine test you'll need.

Until the test comes add a gallon of bleach in daily and brush. It won't fix all the green but it will stun it a bit ;)

addendum: Joel obviously types faster than me. :dj:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.