Which SWG with Aqualink PDA-PS4?

jkmhb

Aug 12, 2015
Flower Mound, TX
We had an Aqualink PDA-PS4 pool control system and variable speed pump installed in January.
Our plumbing has a single return for both the pool and spa, so I was thinking it would be better if the PDA could turn off the SWG while in spa mode.

I'm leery of using the translator to use a non-Jandy SWG to integrate with pool automation in the long run, so I was wondering - what's better, the Jandy Aquapure based on the APURE1400 or the Aquapure EI based on the APURE35 - or something else?

Thanks.

I can't help with the compare, but I've got a Jandy Aquapure 1400 with the PDA. The PDA lets you set a specific SWG % when you are in Spa Mode and a separate % when you are in Pool Mode. (When I say the PDA, I really mean there's a setting for this ... the control board is setting the SWG when it switches modes).

I would think the Jandy Aquapure would be the hands down choice, and the 1400 would be the best size for you pool. It is the only one that would integrate and give you full control of your pool in one spot. That said, any SWG would work, you would just need to go to the equipment pad any time you wanted to adjust it or check for information available at the panel (salt content, warning lights, etc)

Cost wise there may be better choices, integration and control wise, stick with Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.