Hello from Thailand

Captain 776

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2016
Thailand
My name is Bruce, I grew up in the Boston area and spent most of my working career in the Oil and Gas industry all over the world. For the last 12 yrs of my career I was in Australia twice, China 3 times, Egypt 30 months, Angola Africa and the flights back to USA every 8-12 weeks were killing me so I based myself here in Thailand 10 yrs ago.
I retired one yr ago and will just stay here in Northern Thailand.
I am also a Licensed Ship Captain but prefer running Tugs. I used my construction and oil and Gas background as my base employment, because it pays 3 to 5 times more than being on the water, but I much refer to be on the ocean.

We had a 16 x 32 IG when I was growing up and now I put in a salt water pool 8 M x 4 M when I built this house 1.5 yr ago.
I do a lot of reading to try to understand the in's and out's along with the do's and don't's of having a SWG system.

if anyone is ever in Chiang Mai Thailand, shoot me a message, we can have a beer or dinner.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Bruce! I lived in Phuket, Thailand for 1.5 years and loved it! I miss it very much and was completely spoiled living there. I worked in aviation so when I saw your handle at first I thought maybe you did too. Welcome to TFP. I am new to the board too. We are getting an inground vinyl liner saltwater pool in July.