Newb needs some help

May 5, 2016
Tampa, FL
Ok I bought a house with a pool a few months ago. It's 12 X 24 about 9000 gallons. I just had it resurfaced with Diamond-brute and had them move equipment outside fence. So I have a vac connection, skimmer and a drain coming from my pool. They run straight from pool about 10 feet turn 90 degrees then go about 15 feet turn 90 degrees then go another 15 feet turn 90 degrees again then go about 6 more feet to the pump. I have a 1 HP pump and cannot get enough suction to be able to skim and have my Hayward Navigator go at the same time. The plumbing used just go from pool then 90 to the equipment. The pool guys added 2 90's and I think that's why I do not have enough suction now. If I hook my Navigator in to the skimmer and shut off vac port and drain that is the only time I can get enough suction to make the Navigator work. Do I need a bigger pump?? Do I need to change plumbing to have only 2 @ 45 degree turns?? What can I do??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Changing to 2 45 turns would not make much if any difference.
Did the cleaner used to work on the Vac line?
What size pipe on the runs?

If the cleaner is working on just the skimmer line, it should also work on just the Vac line, unless the plumbing is very different.

What you are saying does not surprise me much though. Your navigator needs a fair amount of flow rate, so you may not be able to also have the floor and skimmer running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.