FC and opening question

JayG

Gold Supporter
Aug 31, 2015
Harrison, NY
The pool was opened ~3 weeks ago, and when I took off the cover the water was pretty cloudy and there was lots of debris. I cleaned out the debris, but decided to raise the FC to shock levels to be on the safe side. The FC has been slowly going down, but remains higher than my target range even at 3 weeks out. Any reason to worry? No one is going to swim in the pool as the water temp is still 57°F. I'm just thinking about the pool and the equipment circulating the water.

Current values:

FC 21
CC 0.5
pH 7.8
TA 80
CH 275
CYA 70

3 weeks ago I started with FC 28 and a CC of 0.

The water is clear and sparkling (but very cold!). We have had a fair amount of rain and lots of pollen in the interim.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Thanks,

Jay

No problems. Your FC, while higher than you might like on a typical day, is still below the SLAM level for your CYA of 70. It's just taking a while because of the cold temps and spring angle of the sun. That FC will lower soon enough. Looking good Jay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.