Hi and Help!?!

A little history:

We moved into our home this past November and are looking forward to using our pool which is an above ground. The pool was installed in 2007, used for the whole summer and we assume was closed properly at the end of the 2007 season.

The homeowners (who are military as are we) moved out in March 2008 and nothing has been done to the pool since (OUCH). We are still trying to get all the water and heavy leaves off the cover which has a significant worn area that has progressed into a hole. The more we syphon the more it seems to rain, LOL!

We've never owned a pool and are completely clueless! I have some homework to do here reading through the site to gain knowledge. Tonight we bought a pool starter kit from Wal-Mart and we would like to start working on opening our pool as tedious as it may be.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated ~ in the meantime I am off to the forums to be educated.

Thanks so much!

Amy

Welcome to TFP!

The first step is to get as much debris out of the pool as possible and to make sure the pump and plumbing are still intact and working.

There is lots of great material in our Pool School area.

When you have specific questions come back and ask away, we like answering questions :)

Great, thanks so much! I can't wait to start tomorrow, we are optimistic that everything is in working order, fingers crossed.

We did find a poolcare binder that came from the manufactuer but unfortunately the homeowners left it outside on the deck so it's in bad shape. I have no idea how to tell how big the pool is or what kind it is ~ any suggestions?!?

Thanks!

Amy

Okay, this will probably be overkill but I found a contract for the pool that this is what it states, not sure how to make sense of it yet:

Bermuda King
Swim area: 24'X24' 26'x31'O.D.
20 MIL. Winterized Vinyl Liner
15' Extruded Aluminum Wall Deck
Automatic Sand Purification System
Hayward 1 H.P. Pump and Motor
Automatic Skimmer and Return
Approx. 4 Ft. Depth

Thanks!

Amy

If you haven't seen it already, you should check out my Pool Calculator, there is a link in my signature. It does lots of different calculations, including the volume calculation you found elsewhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.