elgin, tx

Attachments

• 117713539_summer-escapes-pool-skimmerplus-sfs1000-w-f1500c-skimmer.jpg
    117713539_summer-escapes-pool-skimmerplus-sfs1000-w-f1500c-skimmer.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 634
  • 47828087-450x450-0-0_Intex+Intex+Pool+Filter+Pump+Connector+Hose+Set.jpg
    47828087-450x450-0-0_Intex+Intex+Pool+Filter+Pump+Connector+Hose+Set.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 613
Welcome to TFP, we are right down the road, well kind of, Elgin, OK :)

your in a pickle, if it were me I would hard pipe it but I do not know if your up to that... Leslies has some adapters, could you take the hose and a picture of what you need and see if they have something, that is the best I can think of to get you going..

I can help you out and you may be able to help me out.

Their is an adapter you install and I have used that I got from Amazon.

Amazon.com : Intex Pump Threaded Filter Hose Conversion Kit : Swimming Pool Pump Parts : Patio, Lawn Garden

Funny thing is I went to the pool store and they had it on the shelf. DOH.

I have a question for you.

I bought a Intex 18 foot pool which I have not opened. Than I see I can get a summer waves locally with the skimmer.

My question is does anybody know how exactly the new pump system is located and can it be removed?

I had a summer waves 14 that I am retiring and the skimmer setup is different.

Reason I ask is I have an Intex saltwater filter system I used with the 14 with an adapter and the picture I see on Walmart shows a totally different skimmer design.

A pic would be most helpful and thank you.

You need this:

Amazon.com : Intex Pump Threaded Filter Hose Conversion Kit : Swimming Pool Pump Parts : Patio, Lawn Garden

21PCcJttU5L.jpg

I also have a question.

I had a summer escapes last year and loved the skimmer
The newer summer waves pool has a different pump design and I am wondering is it possible to bypass the pump?

I have an Intex salt water system with sand filter and am no longer sure it will work with the new design.

On the old design you could remove the pump and use an adapter.

Below is the new design.

HG-016806_1024x1024.jpg I dont want to run it through the pump at all and am hoping I can remove it and am not sure.
If anybody can take a pic or two of the skimmer parts that would be awesome.

Thank you.

Here is what I did, I went to Lowes and I am sure home depot has the same connector and bought a barbed connector. I used the hose that came with the summer waves pool pump and hooked it to the skimmer and then on the other end inserted this barbed connector (In the picture) into the the hose. Then I put the hose adapter that came with my pump (also shown) on to the other side of the barbed connector and hooked it into the pump hose. I drew a cheesy diagram of what I did and I can send a picture when I get home if you need! The best part is it cost me only 2 bucks!
View attachment 48362View attachment 48361IMG_1178.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will your setup be fine with a 2800 gph intex sand filter as far as water flow through the skimmer pump motor and 1 1/4 hose? I have both the summer waves elite and intex pool in box. Not sure which I want to keep. I love the idea of the skimmer on summer waves and the intex with the dual suction outlets are also a problem with my sand pump.

Im not sure about the 2800gph but I have a 1500gph intex with chlorinator and on the picture it shows the original tubing connected to a plunger so I think it can run through the 1 1/4. When I removed the motor blade it pretty much made a straight through outlet so I'm not too worried about that either. I won't be putting the pool up till next week due to ground prep but we will see how it goes

!Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 8.41.34 PM.jpg

I decided to get a 30 dollar hayward skimmer as @jasnovanorder was talking about because I just wanted to do it right! It works amazingly!!!! ill probably just sell my other pump for 30 or 50 bucks to cover the cost! The only thing about the hayward is that the standard intex hoses won't screw right on to the bottom but they send an adapter that fits in the intex hose and then I added a hose clamp to secure... I would post pictures but this site always says they are too big so if you want pics send me your email and ill get them to you! The link to the skimmer I got is...

Hayward SP1091LX Above Ground Dyna Skim Swimming Pool Skimmer 1 5 Complete | eBay

it even comes with the water directional output and vacuum connector however I did not use the output as I put in a valve and used a bigger one! Good luck!

I just came across this posting and exactly my issue.

The NEW Summer Waves come with this new canister and submerged pump. I'm guessing unless you pull the impeller out and unplug the little pump, you would have to get the Heyward Skimmer listed above. I'm thinking like Idaho did, the Heyward is probably best route too.

Did you have to do any other modifications to the skimmer pool liner opening to get the new one to fit ?
attachment.php

I have done endless amounts of research because I plan to buy a summer waves pool and convert it.... I'm so glad I jay stumbled across this thread! I would have order so much stuff that I didn't need! I'm getting a 14'x42" pro series, 2800 gph intex sand filter, and the intex saltwater system with EOC.... So if I get the skimmer listed above am I all set? This is all started to run together! My brain hurts! ??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.