Help! Adding Intex Sand Pump to Polygroup Summer Waves Pool

I have done endless amounts of research because I plan to buy a summer waves pool and convert it.... I'm so glad I jay stumbled across this thread! I would have order so much stuff that I didn't need! I'm getting a 14'x42" pro series, 2800 gph intex sand filter, and the intex saltwater system with EOC.... So if I get the skimmer listed above am I all set? This is all started to run together! My brain hurts! 

tell me about it... lol
hopefully someone who is familiar with the newer model skimmer also replies. It's so darn confusing when you have to take in to account all the different hose(s) and connectors/adapters to make something work. The new model skimmer/pump creates more questions than answers...

g/l

I'm wondering the same thing. I bought a summer waves 18×48 and a 2800 intex sand filter and a salt water system. Trying to put the pool up now and realized I don't have all the pieces for this pump to work. Should I just change out the skimmer as stated above and then the hoses for the sand pump will then fit? Also will I have to cut my pool to make the new skimmer fit?

I have the same pool and sand pump issue and I'm wondering I didn't receive any pool plunger valves with my pool do I need those for the sand pump or do u just put the hoses together?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what I did, I went to Lowes and I am sure home depot has the same connector and bought a barbed connector. I used the hose that came with the summer waves pool pump and hooked it to the skimmer and then on the other end inserted this barbed connector (In the picture) into the the hose. Then I put the hose adapter that came with my pump (also shown) on to the other side of the barbed connector and hooked it into the pump hose. I drew a cheesy diagram of what I did and I can send a picture when I get home if you need! The best part is it cost me only 2 bucks!
View attachment 48362View attachment 48361View attachment 48363

Here is what I did and the pump should have come with the rubber circular piece to close up the bottom of the pump as shown.
View attachment 48384View attachment 48383

Question for this man above.

So I also have the new type skimmer on my Summer Waves pool and just want to know if I can just remove the motor thingy out of the pump that came with and just hookup my intex sand filter and let it filter thru that way?

Ok so I got my Intex sand filter hooked up to my pool not much water circulating though I did like the one post suggested by just keeping the crappy filter pump on the pool but,removing the gear motor thingy if I cannot get this to do better I'm just going to patch the skimmer hole in the wall and use the over the side clamp on skimmer like my old pool had it seemed to work REALLY well unless someone can help me figure something else out? There is No Way you can put the Hayward skimmer on this pool since the skimmer hole is Round or is there a company that makes a round type skimmer?
Thanks

After hours of leveling and re-leveling, we finally have our summer waves elite 18' x 48" pool in place! Phew! I planned on using the canister style filter pump that came with the pool in addition to the salt water system. Is this what you did in this diagram? My head is spinning! I'll take any insight or advice you can give. Thanks!

I'm glad a stumbled across this forum! After hours of leveling and re-leveling we finally have our summer waves elite 18' x 48" pool up and I'm now focused on the pump. I planned on using the original pump that came with the pool (new canister style) in addition to an intex saltwater pump. My head is spinning, I'm still not sure how to connect it even after reading the forum advice. Also, I am confused about how often and when to run the filter pump. The manual says you have to manually turn the filter pump on and off and it needs to run for 2-4 hours per day. The intex pump, I can set to run automatically. Question is, do I need to make sure they are running at the same time? Does it matter when they run in relation to each other? Any guidance or advice is welcomed! My kids are dying to get in this pool! :)

Ok here is what I did I bought this skimmer off Ebay and hooked it up on my pool the opening is just big enough to fit over the Round hole on my Summer Waves pool it seems to be working well with my Intex sand filter so far. I know this unit is also avaiable thru Wal-Mart Online. Good Luck I have Both the Summer Waves Unit and New Skimmer Pictures so you know what I'm talking aboutFB_IMG_1466901669159.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to really put some muscle when tightening the black round thing on the filter. Mine is 99% tight now. Im calling Polygroup tomorrow because of each of you for there engineering ideas. They should have made one, i was going to pull motor apart but just did not make sense to ruin it, when someone may need it..

Chris
Chapin SC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.