labeling PVC pipes at pump station

You _could_ buy pipe labels. They're used in industry/process/commercial piping installations, available in many wording, size and color options. You can probably find all the "Intake", "Return", "Filtered Water", directional arrows, etc. from Craftmark, and you can get them for about half a buck apiece, but you have to get 10 at a time. So you'd be in for 5 bucks for 10 of each label you want. Pricey, but you could have the sharpest looking filter plant in the neighborhood. :-D

I was trying to find a good answer for this as I am replacing all of my plumbing with Schedule 40 PVC while adding solar panels and controller. I located what looks like to be a nice system on the web for a product called SnapMarker. They are square labeling plates that snap onto your piping and then you apply the correct label to the plate for identification. They have a specific set of pool labels shown on the website.

The problem is it appears they only sell through distributors :hammer: and I could find no pricing on the website :(. I have not tried to contact them to see if there is a distributor in our area or how they could be purchased if they are not cost prohibitive. I think it makes a clean and neat way to label the piping IMHO.

You can see more information on their website. http://www.snapmarkers.com/home.shtml. To see the pool specific labels just click on the swimming pool link under specific applications in the upper left corner of their webpage.

I strongly recommend the Brother brand label makers. Look for a model that takes the laminated indoor outdoor label tape. They can be gotten for around $30 and are useful for just about everything. The Brother PT-1280 P-touch Electronic Labeling System is a good choice right at the moment, though some people might want to go for one of the fancier models.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.