One man safety cover removal

TN94z

May 15, 2012
Henderson, TN
In the past, I have removed our cover starting at the deep end and working my way to the shallow end and trying to fold the cover as I go. I was trying to think of a better way to do it yesterday and was wondering if it would be easier to remove it going from one "side" to the other? Basically removing all springs from one long side and folding it over to the other side, then removing those springs. Am I thinking wrong here in that this would be an easier method?

What have you guys found to be the easiest way to do this?

I've found it's very difficult to do with just one person. What I did this year was with two people but might be doable with one person. Since I wanted to hang the cover on the fence surrounding the pool for it to dry before storage, we disconnected all the springs on one long edge of the pool and the two short ends. Then we pulled the cover across from one long side to the other long side and pulled it over the fence until it was hanging fairly even over the fence. When it was dry, we laid it in the grass outside the fence and folded it up for storage.

I've found it's very difficult to do with just one person. What I did this year was with two people but might be doable with one person. Since I wanted to hang the cover on the fence surrounding the pool for it to dry before storage, we disconnected all the springs on one long edge of the pool and the two short ends. Then we pulled the cover across from one long side to the other long side and pulled it over the fence until it was hanging fairly even over the fence. When it was dry, we laid it in the grass outside the fence and folded it up for storage.

This is actually exactly what I ended up doing yesterday with my 14 year old. It was much easier in my opinion. I am going to lay it out flat in the yard today to make sure its clean, then fold, and store away. Thanks for the reply

On my 16x 33 In ground pool with loop loc cover. I remove all springs except the 4 corners. Then undo 2 corners real quick and pull towards the 2 that are still hooked. In will slide into the pool and get wet but that can't be helped. Pull of to the side and let dry and then fold up. I do this every yr. by myself. I just pick a day when the sun will be out to dry the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.