brushing question new pebble fina finish

Conman

Jan 14, 2016
Wayne New Jersey
We went with white (Classico) pebble fina finish I have been brushing for three days now but I have not added any chemicals to the tap city water when is the right time to add chemicals ? Also is there a right or wrong way to brush the plaster the PB said twice a day for 10 days I don't see much milk coming off the new finish any suggestions? Can I use my aquabot ?

I would leave the aquabot out for at least 3 week We brushed twice per-day for a month but that was excessive 10 days should be good then once a week. Don't think there is a wrong way I brush from shallow end to deep to push stuff to skimmer and of course try to keep the bristles on the plaster not the brush head. We swapped our brush out from the cheep one they gave us to a Wall Whale and I am never going back it works so much better than a standard brush. Is the PB going to do a startup? If so you don't want to add a bunch of stuff and void your warranty at most perhaps 20oz of bleach just to stave off any algae until the builder gets things going. If he is not going to do the sartup and you are on your own respond back and someone will get you a link to a couple of different methods.

Thanks for the response I will be doing the start up I have my filter running and have backwashed a couple of times I don't have enough time to do it twice a day but I do get to it once each day seems to be getting less each time . The Wall Whale makes a big difference ? More pressure on the rush head? Thanks again Attech -2

Yes it works great on the wall and it provides all the leverage you don't have to pull the head against the wall as you push. HERE is a link from pinguy in another startup post and HERE is a link to poolschool startup. Since you are doing this on your own you want to get a sequestrant in the water soon then start working other chemicals. Get a good test kit so you know what effect each thing you add has. I am sure others with more experience will be along shortly

Your pool is at risk for algae if you don't get some chlorine in there. And to hold the chlorine (since the sun's UV rays will otherwise burn it off) you need some stabilizer. You want to put in enough stabilizer (also called conditioner) to get up to about 30ppm, then enough household bleach to reach about 4. The PoolMath program at the top of this page can help you figure out quantities.

Please ask your pool builder what he needs to do because he's holding your warranty at this point. You do NOT want to add algacides, sequestrants or any potion with copper (often labeled "Blue").

Start reading PoolSchool articles at the top of this page. Learn about water chemistry.. Welcome! (do you have a test kit yet??)

oh yeah- Stabilizer comes in two forms. Liquid and granular. Liquid is faster and easier to put in but costly. Granular should be placed in a sock and hung over the side of the pool in front of a return to dissolve. You don't want it to sit against your new plaster. Alternatively you can put the tied up sock in your skimmer but you have to run the pump 24/7 until it dissolves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.