Dolphin seems to hate shallow water?

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

I've got a rectangle 18X36 pool with an 8.5 foot deep-end and foot shallow end. For some reason though, my dolphin robot cleaner absolutely hates the shallow end. Once in the deep end it will never go to the shallow end. It will go to the edge and then turn right around. And if it's in the shallow end, within 20 seconds it goes to the deep end.

I've tried starting it out in the shallow end, and I've tried having the power station be on the shallow side (thinking the tension may be somehow related)...but nothing. It's as if the robot has a depth sensor and is programmed to find the deep end.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Had I known this was going to happen, I would have gotten the one with the remote control.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Welp, just took it out. Pretty confident no water was in the handle (the handle was light and no water came out).

Any other ideas what it could be?

Note...It does still go up walls and hills no problem...it just avoids the shallow end at all costs and if it's in the shallow end, it finds the deep end asap and never returns.

Looks like I fixed it. I always clean it out really well, but I was reading in the manual that they recommend periodically washing it in the laundry machine. So I gave that a shot...it was like a night and day difference. All is good now.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.