When to open an inground pool in Ohio?

I'm in North Canton and have started my opening. This week, I have just been letting the water circulate, brushing and adding chlorine every day. This weekend, I will start vacuuming, and slamming. Right now, I have quite a bit of dead algae on the bottom. FYI… Ollies has Liquid Shock for $2.99 a gallon and Great Escape has it for $14 a case of 4 gallons. If you received the coupon in the mail from Ohio Pools, $11.96 a case.

kspan, you are probably referring to the 60 degree mark for water. While that's a good baseline, the old TFP saying, "Close late & open early" still is your best chance to retain clear water and/or have less hassle when opening. This year's unusual temperatures are a perfect example. Some folks have jumped on the wagon and opened considerably early than in years past. Still, every pool is unique, so some are effected a bit more than someone else in the same neighborhood.

I'm in Grafton, Ohio and opened mine April 14th. Water is still 58 degrees. I bought the house last fall and this is my first year with a pool so I wanted to get a jump on things. Thanks to this site it opened in great shape and except for the temperature is now ready to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.