New Build Raised Hot tub leaking to pool through spillway stones/wall

We are in the final days of our IG pool build. We filled the raised hot tub today and did not fill the pool yet as they are making a quick repair on the plaster tomorrow. This evening we saw water coming from the outside wall of the hot tub going into the pool. We have a lueder stacked spillway...could the water have found a route under the top stone and has worked it's way behind the stones? What would the next step be? I'm worried to death they'll have to tear the whole thing apart. Is this common? The water in the hot tub is on tile except at the spillway where it is on the stone. We haven't even turned the pool on yet. Thanks for any insight.

If it is stacked stone on the spillway it could just be a pinhole in the gout it does not take much for water to find a path. I would drain the spa down below the spill way but not below the tile line and let the grout dry for an hour or so. With luck if it is the grout the place where the leak is will dry last since it has water behind it and you will know where to patch.

They came and regrouted one corner on the inside of the hot tub spillway but it was still leaking. They are suppose to come today to do the other side and I pray that is the end of it. It's worrisome seeing water coming through the stones like that. Thanks for your insight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.