pool calculator adjustment

reebok

Apr 19, 2009
Lakeland, FL
based on my estimated gallons, the PC says 24oz of chlorine will raise chlorine 1ppm. in practice, I find it takes 32oz to go up 1ppm. I entered in different gallons until I got the PC to give me 32oz to raise 1ppm and came up with 27,000 gallons. I know for a fact the pool isn't that large because we didn't use that many gallons when we filled it (we used less than 27K the entire month based on my water bill that month, though unfortunately I don't remember the exact number). anyway, the whole point to this is, should I change to PC to 27K gallons? I'm wondering if it will make the other chemical addition numbers more accurate also? thanks.

The other adjustment you can make on the Pool Calculator is the strength of the chlorine. Knock it down to 8% and the numbers are the same. 10% chlorine loses strength quickly if stored improperly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.