Yet another I replaced my pump and filter may be too small

zoe17

Jul 31, 2015
TN
First full year with the new to us house/pool. Just rebuilt a Hayward 3010X152AZ Super II, new 1.5 HP/ 2 speed motor/ 1.95 THP. Hayward T-15 cell new. Hayward 244T filter. I am thinking that the filter is under sized just from all the reading here. 24" filter and 300# sand. Just deep cleaned it for a few hours.

Will I be okay this summer and buy a larger filter at end of season. Or will I have channeling and reduced filtering effiency?

Thanks formthe the advise and knowledge. Ready to get cover off and clean water. Will be first time doing pool the TFP way.

The Super II is a pretty big pump, the 2speed should save you a good bit of electricity.

What is the volume of your pool? Add that to your signature.

- - - Updated - - -

But, yeah a little math guess at the volume and 24" filter is on the small side. I think I would suggest over 29" and maybe closer to 32".

The smaller filter will just need to be backwashed more often. And you might get some sand blow back on high speed since your pump is big.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.