Help please

No sir. I have a 16inch intex saltwater system with built in pump. And a 10inch sand filter no pump. I was wanting to know if there would be issues since the saltwater system was 6 inches bigger than the sand filter

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if that would be 2 filters since the sand filter is the only filter the salt water is just for chlorine

Yeah, that does not make any sense.

When you say "16 inch saltwater filtration system" and know it is Intex, I would expect that to include a pump, a 16" sand filter, and a SWG (saltwater chlorine generator).

The 16" has nothing to do with the SWG.

I think you are going to need to post some pictures.

You are right on everything except the sand filter is only 10inches. The intex swg is 16inches with pump. Just needed to know if the 10inch sand filter had to be 16inches or could i use the 10inch sand filter

- - - Updated - - -

So basically the swg is 16inches with its own pump. I damaged the 16inch sand filter that came with it and had a friend that had a 10inch sand filter. The sand fitler does not have a pump so can i attach the 16inch swg with pump to the 10inch sand filter and everything still function properly

And Im sorry I don't know how to post pics. The unit was a combo. But the sand filter cracked and had to replace it with a smaller size sand filter
Well, now we are getting somewhere.

The SWG is NOT!!! 16" ... the old cracked filter must have been 16". The SWG does not care what size filter is used. However, the pump might be a little too strong to go down to the smaller 10" sand filter resulting in dirt getting pushed through the sand and maybe getting sand into the pool. Plus you will have to clean the smaller filter more often.

To post a pic upload it to Photobucket (free account), copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post. This will embed the pic in your thread.

Did you measure the salt cell and it measures 16"? That is not how salt cells are sized, they are spec'd by gallons of pool size they are recommended for use with. Like 10k gal, 20k gal, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.