Diving board help needed for this new pool owner!

May 8, 2009
I just moved into a house in September that had a pool (that was horribly taken care of). After a lot of work, money, and mosquitoes, I've finally got it nice and blue. There's one last thing that I want to put on, and that is the diving board.

When I bought the house, the diving board was detached (as it is in it's current state). It's currently very dirty (needing a power wash) and in my garage. The stands are already in the ground for it. I don't know what it's going to take to put this on (what kind of bolts, etc.), or what I will need.

Here are some pictures to help.

Divingboard3.jpg

Divingboard1.jpg

Divingboard2.jpg

Divingboard4.jpg

Please help!

Kleeberg said:
When I bought the house, the diving board was detached (as it is in it's current state). It's currently very dirty (needing a power wash) and in my garage. The stands are already in the ground for it. I don't know what it's going to take to put this on (what kind of bolts, etc.), or what I will need.

Many boards have a wooden inner core -- make sure it has not deteriorated over time. Sometimes the wood will get moist and expand and crack the fiberglass exterior.

Also -- just to be safe -- check with the most current diving board standards and make sure you comply. If the pool is older the board may have been removed by the precious owner for safety reasons. (not that hald the pools out there today don't have the same issue -- but at least you should be aware of it).

Steve

Please be aware that insurance companies in this state will not insure homes with diving boards installed. I ran into this with our pool and had to remove the board before they would insure our house. You might want to check with your home owners insurance company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.