Construction in a "cookie-cutter" neighborhood.

May 4, 2016
Wimauma, FL
So we've just started doing our research on an inground salt pool with spa and screen enclosure, and have come across a potential budget nightmare. Our homes are the typical 10-12 (or so) feet apart so it would be so much easier for the construction to take place from behind the house, but there is a fence with large shrubs lining the back of the property. The two pool builders that have quoted us so far have said we can remove the fence ourselves with HOA approval, but I have a feeling that's going to be quite the ordeal. We have a fence around our whole yard, white vinyl, 6ft, that we put in right after the house was done being built. We did not have to put the back side since we have no backyard neighbors and we back up to the Main Street through the neighborhood, so that section of the fence was already there but physically/legally isn't ours. I'm sure I'm not the first person to want to construct a pool in this way, but am looking for advice and information as to what this will entail.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP :)

There have been many, many pools built with houses closer than that, one was just done with 6 feet between the houses...

You can do 2 things:

1. ask the HOA "building/constuction manager" they will know if the fence is the HOA and what is required to move it and replace it, you will also need to go through them to install the pool, so get to know your new friends :)

2. go from the front of your house, they will use a skidsteer and smaller equipment and bigger equipment to bring in the concrete, this option will probably add to the cost but it is doable.

I hope this helps, check out some of the new construction threads :)
Under Construction

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.