Opening Radiant Pool - Cover too big?

ro1065

May 26, 2015
Kingsport
Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: First year Opening Radiant Pool

I am interested if you have found anything out about your winter cover. I too have a 27' Radiant that this will be my first year opening from winter and my cover seems way too large for the diameter. My situation is the same as yours exactly. I haven't opened it yet but I was draining the cover and the level is way below what I left in it. I have not talked with my dealer but last fall his demo pool had the winter cover on and it was no where near as oversized as mine. I wonder if the cover was mislabeled for a larger pool? I didn't see what size you have but the dealers was a 24 foot pool. Any info would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP.

Losing a substantial amount of water over the winter when not draining the top of a solid cover is normal. I suspect that you are not supposed to drain as your pool is not like a normal above ground pool with top rails that you can sinch a pool cover down with the steel cable n not have it move. You need the water weight to keep the pool cover on and this is why your water is being displaced out of the return. It's normal. Take your cover off and fill your pool and enjoy it.

Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: First year Opening Radiant Pool

I am interested if you have found anything out about your winter cover. I too have a 27' Radiant that this will be my first year opening from winter and my cover seems way too large for the diameter. My situation is the same as yours exactly. I haven't opened it yet but I was draining the cover and the level is way below what I left in it. I have not talked with my dealer but last fall his demo pool had the winter cover on and it was no where near as oversized as mine. I wonder if the cover was mislabeled for a larger pool? I didn't see what size you have but the dealers was a 24 foot pool. Any info would be appreciated.

I have a Radiant 24’ above ground with 2” coping and used their cover but it ripped the first year. I’m using it again this year because the company replaced it but have been wondering what other Radiant Above ground owners use for a winter cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.