edibower

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix,AZ
Been using the TFP method for approximately 2 years now and its been great, with many compliments from friends.....so thanks for all the previous help.

Quick question regarding CYA levels. Is it normal to lose 20ppm of CYA from the previous season? Reason I ask is I havnt added any CYA since last season (April of 2015) when I had it at 50 ppm.
Tested the CYA today and it was down to 30 ppm and have noticed in the last week its been starting to burn through about 2-3ppm of Chlorine a day (using 10% chlorine). So I am going to add some stablizer to get it back to 50ppm using the sock method as I did last year. This I am sure will help save on the chlorine usage. By the way the water looks great.

Thanks as always......this is the best site on the web for pools

Yep, lost with water replacement plus chlorine does break it down verrrrrry sloooowly. It is good to check it every couple of months to make sure things are still in line. Sounds like your pool will warn you if you forget though ;)

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.