Pump run time to circulate chlorine / acid

Apr 2, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
How long and at what RPMs should I run my pump to circulate these chemicals throughout the pool? I typically add my liquid chlorine / muriatic acid after the sun gets off my pool, around 6-630pm.

I have an Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump which has the convenient "quick clean" button, which runs the pump for a programmed amount of time and RPMs. I have it set at 2500 RPM for 30 minutes, but am wondering if this is overkill for this purpose. My pool is 30k gallons with pop-outs, so instead of pouring in front of a return, I pour the chemicals into the deep end of the pool (9 feet).

Thanks in advance!

Generally we recommend running the pump for at least 30 minutes to mix in the chemicals. That quick clean sounds about right to me.

Pouring into the deep end with a jet, I would highly recommend running a brush a few times to be sure the chemicals do not settle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.