West Jordan, UTAH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
This will be my 2nd year of pool ownership, followed TFP directions all last year and also the TFP Winterizing instructions last fall...so far so good, was anxious to see what was waiting for me underneath the cover this spring. Waited for the snow to melt, cleared the cover, changed 300 lbs. of filter sand, rebuilt the filter diverter valve (gaskets), cleaned the SWG, brought the water level up and then opened her up....

IMG_1831[1].jpg

I don't have the exact test numbers with me but waited 24 hours to test it anyways and numbers were:

FC - 6.5
CC - 0
Ph - 7.8
CYA - 60
Salt - 2200 or so

Salt was quite low but I added 100lbs. and will retest eventually. It's WAY too cold to swim yet but wanted to start it warming and since I use solar heating only it can take a bit.

I was actually quite surprised to not see a bigger decrease in FC over the winter but I guess since it was covered and not exposed to sunlight nor use....

Now I just need to net, vacuum and wait for it to warm up. I'm manually dosing the chlorine for now but will turn the SWG on later in the year when it starts getting used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.