Aqua Rite system

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I highly recommend getting your own Taylor salt test and checking the level ... we generally do not trust pool store testing.

How old is the cell?
One sign of a failing cell is reading a lower salt level than reality.
You could have the pool store test your cell to see if it is still good.

Mine did the same thing and I added salt and both blinking lights went away. However, going to check cell as they are very expensive to replace. I concur with jblizzle...get Taylor Salt test 1766...the strips will not give you an exact number.

2900 is a bit low. Try raising it to about 3400. Is the check cell light blinking or solid? If it's blinking, it's just a reminder to check the cell and clean it if necessary. It's on a timer and does not indicate a problem. Reset by holding the diagnostic button down for about five seconds.

What are the diagnostic readings?

What is the cell size?

SWG reading 2400. Both lights blinking. Cell size t-15. Pool size 8,000 gals. Cleaned cell recently. Held button down for 10 sec. Still blinking.Have only run swg on 20% for past 8 years and it always generated enough. Two days ago checked chlorine level and it was low. Pool guy told me to shock, but I didn't. Left generator on all night at 50% and chlorine level is back up to normal today. Lights still flashing.

Assuming that your swg salinity reading is 500 ppm lower than actual, your cell is beginning to underperform. As the cell gets older, it will read lower than actual. Once it reads about 800 to 1,000 below actual, it's about time to replace the cell.

The lights are due to the swg thinking that the salinity is 2,700 ppm or lower. Raise the salinity to where the swg reads above 2,700 ppm and the lights should go out.

Get the Taylor K-1766 salt test kit to monitor your salinity. Once the swg reads 800 to 1,000 lower than the K-1766, replace the cell.

What are the readings as you push the diagnostic button?

Gonna Add salt tomorrow to see if that changes things. Will reply afterwards. You are probably right about cell. Eight years is really pushing the envelope. I will order the Taylor K-66. Until this forum, i Didn't realize u could check salt level at home. Thanks.

From Day 1, my SWG has read 500-800pm lower than my Taylor test. Just another reason to have your own test kit to see trends.

I agree, that you should add about 600ppm of salt and see if the SWG is happy again.
Note, you usually want the SWG turned off for 24 hours after you add salt so that it is adequate dissolved and mixed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.