New liner, first timer

Jun 7, 2015
NJ
Hey guys, little info on the pool. Last year bought house with an vinyl lined IG pool approx 16x36. To start the summer off went to pool store, needless to say was ripped off paying $300++ on their recommended chemicals. After that decided I needed to check internet and found this great site. Had a baby in May and pool was quickly put on back burner. Noticed I was losing couple inches of water a week and threw in the towel. FF to this year bought a new liner and had installed. So far all levels are in recommended range and no water loss. However, after putting DE in filter noticed some DE sitting bottom of pool. also, when pump starts returns shoot air bubbles for couple seconds before going to normal. I bought this piece Amazon.com : Pentair 190092 Internal Air Bleed Assembly Replacement FNS Plus Pool and Spa Vertical Grid D.E. Filter : Swimming Pool Filter Valves : Patio, Lawn Garden for now because there was a tear in the screen. Could this be causing the DE to be in the pool? ill try to take pics and maybe video for you if it would help. Just let me know what to shoot. I'll try my best Thanks!

Welcome! :wave:

I know some manufacturers say a brief cloud of DE on startup is normal. That's never been my experience, though.

The bubbles are what is more concerning. If air is coming out of the filter, air must be getting in somewhere. Take a gander at Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks

As an aside, that air bleed you're replacing needs to be threaded through things so it sticks up above the grids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.