Fas/dpd test

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
Sorry to ask if it's been answered which in assuming but read around and couldn't locate it. I have read to do a ph and tc test daily. Test ch, TA and cya weekly. Best other(borayes) monthly. So how often do you dot the free chlorine/combined chlorine test??? Weekly? Every couple days? Every day?

It varies by person to person, but largely depends on how well you have your chemistry down. If you have a good idea of your pools appetite for chlorine then you can use the OTO test daily to confirm that the chlorine is roughly where you think it should be, and FAS-DPD every few days. If you don't have a good grasp on it yet, or you really like precise numbers, then there is nothing wrong with doing it daily.

It varies by person to person, but largely depends on how well you have your chemistry down. If you have a good idea of your pools appetite for chlorine then you can use the OTO test daily to confirm that the chlorine is roughly where you think it should be, and FAS-DPD every few days. If you don't have a good grasp on it yet, or you really like precise numbers, then there is nothing wrong with doing it daily.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. Seeing this is my first year with a new pool I probably should do it more often to get a good idea of the chemistry of my pool.

I am near you and in our latitude without a SWG, many of us keep our CYA on the low side. That means our FC range is also low. If you use the 10ml sample test, the number of drops of reagent you use is pretty minimal. Better safe than...

I use the FAS-DPD test almost exclusively since I run my FC over the 5ppm that the OTO test tops out at. It takes no time at all. So when I test, aprox every other day it is FC/CC and pH.

Fiberglass pools don't need a mess of calcium so I do that monthly. TA usually weekly, and CYA maybe twice a season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.