Anyone in DFW w Pebble Sheen blue granite, aqua blue, or prism blue??

Apr 30, 2016
Dallas, TX
Hi all. We are anxiously awaiting the start of our new pool build, but w all this rain who knows when the diggers can finally make it out here....Anyway, it takes me forever to make decisions, so I thought I'd ask if anyone local had these pool finishes and would be willing to let me and my husband take a look. It is so hard to tell in pictures! Also, does anyone have a quartzite deck? I love the look of the french pattern quartzite but don't know much abt it in terms of slipperiness and/or durability. My PB is really pushing tumbled travertine. Thanks for reading and I look forward to learning from u all.

I am not local but I just did Pebblesheen Blue Granite and French Pattern Country Classic Tumbled Travertine. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both. See the link to my build for some pictures. I need to get final pictures up soon. Just finished several days ago.

In regard to seeing it locally, I just asked the builder for reference and then visited the homes. I also visited several homes in my neighborhood. Everyone was very polite.

Thanks, pooldv. I will check out the Reber website.

And thank you mgmoore, your travertine is beautiful. I am looking at the silver travertine as I have a big gray brick retaining wall at the back of my yard. Most of the stone choices in TX are very warm-toned though, so it's a bit difficult. The silver travertine will be special order they already told me. I will ask my PB to ask the Pebble Tech installer for some names of people who have the Pebble Sheen finishes I like.

Truthfully I am getting a bid worried about my PB. He does excellent technical work and comes highly recommended, but I feel like he does not get my aesthetic at all. My home is a soft contemporary/transitional style and I am going for a modern updated look. His suggestions are much more traditional. I have found several options for tile and finishes that he never mentioned that are very strong considerations for the look I'm going for. I feel like I am definitely on my own for the design part here.

Truthfully I am getting a bid worried about my PB. He does excellent technical work and comes highly recommended, but I feel like he does not get my aesthetic at all. My home is a soft contemporary/transitional style and I am going for a modern updated look. His suggestions are much more traditional. I have found several options for tile and finishes that he never mentioned that are very strong considerations for the look I'm going for. I feel like I am definitely on my own for the design part here.

I worked with at least 8 PBs in the process. After 4 or 5 providing designs over a few month period and multiple versions of some, none quite got it, some were not even close. One that I liked the company could not get even close after 3-4 tries and weeks inbetween each. I would ask for some like X and the initial version usually was not even close. In the end, after meeting with the last PB and he said as long as it was under 400sq ft, I could do whatever I wanted. That was the last PB I met with and we chose him. After he left, I sat at the table and drew my design. In about 30 min, I had it. After I was happy with the design in 2D, I went one step further and did it in SketchUp for a 3D rendering that can be seen in my build thread. That helped visualize it and ensure that we were happy with it.

The PB asked me to make a minor change that was a good one and he made one more minor change with our consent when he was doing the re bar. It was a good choice as well. In the end, I am very happy that I designed it and did not take what the PB's wanted me to do. They have different motives.

I would design it yourself in graph paper or sit with him/her in front of their computer and work in the software they are using to design it until you get what you want. You are spending way too much money not to get what you want. That is why this is called custom pool building. :)

Thank you, Matt, for your invaluable advice. I have refined our design 3X w our PB and it is closer to my vision. I am still tweaking some things. I have shown him a lot of pictures and that has helped. I think I am a bit more detail-oriented than his average client. The not getting me just really kinda bothered me. For example, the pool finishes he showed me were a scant step above traditional white plaster- I nearly died! I knew there were plenty of beautiful pool finishes to choose from and he was showing me very basic blah stuff, like these were all the choices...no, no, no I said. Just not me at all. He took weeks drafting the original design b/c he said it was very complicated. I think Am I really reinventing the wheel here?? I hardly think so. Anyway, I will keep after him until it's just like I want. I like him very much and despite how picky and demanding I can be I'm also patient and reasonable. I'm not a total diva...yet��

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.