Anyone know where I can buy the foam skimmer weir inserts?

Jul 20, 2014
Berks County, PA
Hi,

I have a Hayward SP-1082K skimmer weir which I just bought the other year. The foam insert got pretty fouled up during last swimming season with pink slime, etc. It seems that the inserts are next to impossible to find without also having to buy the door. I checked in a local arts and crafts store but their foam and styrofoam is of the wrong size and also it is that stiff, crumbly material and so probably would not hold up long. The material the skimmer weir insert is made of is much more flexible.

I did come across one or two places on the net that sell the foam, but it costs just as much as buying another door, which I really don't need. Let me know if anyone here knows where I might get the correct type of foam.

Thanks,
Keith

Hi,

I have a Hayward SP-1082K skimmer weir which I just bought the other year. The foam insert got pretty fouled up during last swimming season with pink slime, etc. It seems that the inserts are next to impossible to find without also having to buy the door. I checked in a local arts and crafts store but their foam and styrofoam is of the wrong size and also it is that stiff, crumbly material and so probably would not hold up long. The material the skimmer weir insert is made of is much more flexible.

I did come across one or two places on the net that sell the foam, but it costs just as much as buying another door, which I really don't need. Let me know if anyone here knows where I might get the correct type of foam.

Thanks,
Keith

Hi Keith! I'm on week 2 of a SLAM and decided to look at my weir doors and lo and behold full of algae spores! I'm soaking in bleach and water solution right now but concerned they will disintergrate. I have a Hayward SPX1084 and wondered how you solved the foam issue. I can't find anything online that doesn't cost more than to replace the doors! And, no access to Omaha Steak type products. The Lowe's link no longer works on the response.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I had some 3/8 foam that was usable and just doubled the thickness! If anyone needs a set, I have enough for a few and would be glad to mail them out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.