2sd year pool owner. Skimming issues

May 15, 2015
Atlanta-GA-
Hi

I am in the process of slamming my pool, I am almost done. I have noticed that my pool has a lot of fine particles floating on the surface (Really small stuff as I net everything that falls in daily). Filter is going strong and water level is fine. I do not remember having that problem last year. Any solution?

Thanks

Pat

If you are currently SLAMming, I suppose it could be residual algae floating around until it gets filtered. Also possible you just have pollen in the air at the same time and it's settling on the water. You're welcome to post a set of test results for us just to see if there's something we might notice that would help. ..... the "other Pat" :)

Here in Augusta we've got that too... just some pollen I'm sure.

If in doubt you can perform an OCLT (See Pool School for directions) and it can help tell you if your pool has a nascent algae bloom or not. If not, assume its pollen at this point in the year.

We were having issues with lots of small bits floating on the surface and the solution for us was using hairnets on our skimmer net. It's been an excellent solution because it is both effective and cheap! 100 hair nets for $6.08 delivered from Amazon. There is a thread on the subject but I don't know how to embed a thread into a message.

I was reading another thread about someone cleaning out a green monster and I think these hairnets would come in very handy. Since you just peel off the hairnet, there's not net cleaning required (I'm assuming it gets dirty during the cleaning process).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.