FC 6 (should be 5)
TA 60
CYA 70
CH 400
Salt 3600
Borates 40-ish
CSI -0.76

SO...
12 boxes of 20 Mule Power and 4 gallons of MA got my TA down to 60 and my Borates somewhere just below 50 (test strips).
With the SWG, I should keep my TA from getting LOWER than 60 right?
I am thinking that if I still need more Borates (letting it mix and see what it is next week), that will likely raise my TA some.

Still slightly low on the CYA but I need to vacuum the pool and backwash before adding anything else.
Does this all make sense?
I am looking forward to just doing the Basic tests for a while :)

I would not add anything else to your pool but I would definitely get your pH up to 7.6 (aeration if you can) because your CSI is really negative. While it is true that low CSI does not matter for a vinyl pool, I'd still try to stick to the recommended levels and try to get the CSI higher than -0.3.

The SWG is unaffected by TA per se. Rather, it is the combination of pool water parameters vis-a-vis the CSI that matters. For an SWG, a slightly negative CSI (~ -0.1) is preferred to keep calcium scaling inside the cell to a minimum. With the borates you have added to your water, your cell will be well protected against pH rise inside the cell.

Messing with Poolcalc, If I get my PH up to 7.5 the CSI will go up to -0.53
We are getting a lot of rain this week (as in I drained off 4" yesterday and it is already a few inches high again) I'm going to check PH again to see it went back up on it's own at the end of the day.
It's going to be too cold for swimming until the weekend so my "Aerators" are not going to be in there :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.