Magnalatch rekey or replace?

Mar 5, 2016
Central CT
The previous owners of my house didn't leave me a key for the pool gate (or the front door, or the side door for that matter) I contacted magnalatch and they sent me replacements, but they don't work my lock. Does anyone know if its possible to get it rekeyed, or should I just replace it?

I had one on my previous pool and have two of them on my current pool, and I have never, ever locked one. I just have them for the safety of little ones who shouldn't have access to the pool.

I suppose since it's pretty easy to pull one off, you could take it to a locksmith and ask. If you have to be able to lock it, your only other options are a separate lock or replace it. They cost about $60 online.

I'm mostly trying to cover myself by having the gate locked. I don't have any kids, but I do live in a densely populated area and i worry a little bit about teenagers paying a visit while I'm sleeping or not at home. I think I'll call my locksmith and see what he can do for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.