Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ? about color of TA test

1. Back To Top    #1

? about color of TA test

I just redid my pH test (still 7.2) and did my TA test so I could start my conversion from Baq today, finally got my bleach. I'm not sure about the color of red we're looking for. When I got to 11 drops my color was like the "pink" on the pH indicator at level 8.2. Is that considered red? I added one more drop to see if it would turn a true red but it was still what I would call dark pink. So would I put my TA @ 110? Thanks!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ? about color of TA test

Yes, 110. You are really looking for a change in color, the specific colors don't really matter. The idea is to add drops till the color starts changing, then continue adding drops till the color doesn't change and further. You don't count the final drop that didn't change the color any further.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. Sorry I get so easily confused . Ya'll have been so great helping me figure things out!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

4. Back To Top    #4

If biguanide is present in the water the color will go from green to purple and not green to red.
    http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=35