First Test Results with TF-100 Kit

Apr 26, 2016
Tyler, TX
I received my TF-100 kit this past weekend and did my official first complete test with it yesterday. I have to say it was much easier than I thought it was going to be! I also feel a lot more comfortable after going through all the tests and seeing the results. Here are my results and my own newbie recommendations, please feel free to correct me and add your input:

FC - 4ppm
CC - .5ppm (maybe, I need to check again)
CH - 250ppm
TA - 130ppm
CYA - 25ppm
PH - 7.8

My plan of attack:

Raise CYA to 50ppm - Should I use 3" tabs to get the benefit of some chlorine along with CYA?
Lower PH?
I think everything else looks OK, the water is crystal clear.

Anyway, thanks for all your help!

You have a pretty good plan. Personally, I would add acid to take pH down to about 7.5 and then load the pucks. Poolmath says 2 pucks (16 oz total weight) will raise CYA by 3 in a pool your size. So do the math and keep count of how many you add. They have the added benefit of slowly releasing acid, so they'll keep that pH down, or possibly even lower it more while lowering the TA at the same time.

looks like you have a handle on it. I would lower the PH first, down to around 7.4 if you end up a bit lower like 7.2 just leave it with new plaster it is going to raise fast anyway. You are going to be using a lot of acid since the pool is new, plan on having to add every 2 to 3 days. If you have the tabs already might as well use them but I would not go out and buy them for that purpose unless you are going on vacation and will not be around to add. As for the CC you probably tested correctly and it is not a concern I get a little once in a while then it goes away. If you are using a bubble cover that will also contribute to it a bit since the sun is filtered and can't burn up the CC as efficiently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.