Grill Hanger Flange

Jimbolo

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 3, 2010
Hello All! I’m in the mid stages of building an outdoor kitchen. Yesterday I made the cutout for the grill, and now my wife and I are in a debate. So the grill has a SST hanger flange that goes around the sides and back. The grill is suspended on this flange. The question is: Does the granite go over the flange so that the flange is sandwiched between the metal frame and the granite, or does the flange sit directly on top of the granite? I see pictures of it both ways when I Google it.
Thanks a ton for any insight. I’ll post pictures when I get it done. Probably early June.

I like my sinks under mounted so you can just wipe into the basin. Grills I like over mounted because no matter how careful you are, you are going to get a spill down the side at some point and with the flange you can clean it up a bit easier. If you under mount you just have a gap that is going to get some funky stuff in it over time. The other thing to think about is there may be a time you want to remove the grill to either detail it or replace it with a better one and you don't want to have to relace or risk breaking the granite

I think the manufactures intended them to be top mount drop in. Read the manual as long as there is no minimum gap that needs to be maintained between the grill body and counter and putting under is not going to get in the way of the lid hinge then it's your kitchen do what you want. I can't think of any harm it would cause. If you are still undecided call the manufacture I am sure they will tell you if it is a bad idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.