EasyTouch 4

aguyindallas

Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Little Elm, TX
My pool is under construction and at the time of design, my PB gave us the option of the wireless control pad or having a network adapter that allows controls from our phones and iPads etc. they said to have both, it's another 1k. We opted for the network adapter that gives us wireless device controls.

I'm second guessing my choice right now and am considering adding the wireless pad.

My question: Is it easy to add the wireless pad option myself after all of this is completed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the remote/pad for mine and no network hookup, but if you can get that to work, I don't see you needing both. I just can't say how dependable or not the wireless/network connections are. I'd ask the PB about the complexity of the install later if it were me. Sorry I'm not more help, but there may be others along to shed more light on it. Good luck in whatever you decide.

I had the remote pad, but it eventually died (was about 10 years old) and replaced with the application on our phones, ipads, computers. I prefer the application as it gives you the ability to control your pool when you aren't home (like turning on your spa heat before you get home so you can have a hot soak in the winter). Network issues shouldn't be any worse with this solution than the old remote/pad option. If your internet connection is down, you won't be able to control the pool when you aren't at the house, but you can still control it from home. With the old remote/pad option you can only control the pool from home all the time.

I don't know how easy it is to hook both options up - it was VERY easy to switch between the two though. Basically, plug a new wireless antenna to your control panel, and connect a small access box to your router in the house.

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.