SP3400VSP dead at 24 months

Hello,

Our 14,000 gallon pool is 24 months old. All new Hayward equipment was installed, professionally...pump and chlorine generator. I don't have any experience as to how long this equipment should last but came home Saturday and found the pump not running. The breaker was tripped off. When I reestablished power, the display on the pump appears normal but it is not running.

Hayward SP3400VSP
I checked voltage under the cover - 244 volts.
The ground wires are clean and connected properly.

Diagnostics mode

Serial number 0
Drive Rev: 0.00
Display Rev: 2.74
Product Version: SP3400VSP
Input voltage too low
Motor current 0.0A - 0.0 - 13.0A
Power usage 0 Watts
Driver 0 Celsius
Heatsink 6 Celsius

Event Log - sensor has failed x cycles ago

Hayward diagnostics indicates checking resistance on the motor leads which all checks out within spec with my fluke meter. The only other option is to replace the motor drive which I see to be about an $800.00 part.

So here are my questions...

The pump runs everyday on several timers to conserve power, just long enough to generate chlorine and keep the water nice. My wife and I have noticed a moderate $20.00 increase in our electric bill. Should this happen at the 24 month mark?

The pool contractor purchased all of the hayward equipment through Gorman, I believe to be an authorized Hayward dealer. I will call Hayward today about warranty but from what I'm reading it is only 1 year parts and labor.

Why would I give another $800 bucks to a company that makes inferior products?

Why am I picturing the Hayward CEO boarding his corporate jet in New Jersey to fly his wife and kids to his Bahamas beach house where is own pool circulation is by a Pentaire pump?

Thank you,
Terry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.