Which one of you has the noisey kids?

backyard noise

Hi LovingHDTV
some people just dont get it. I am 57 and I have a daughter that just turned three. whin she swims ( every day) she sounds like 15 kids in the pool. she is having a great time and never is quiet. I love to here her happy and she can make as much noise as she wants to. for all the people that think kids shouldnt be noisy whin there happy shame on you. I love to here the kids making happy noise and it is the most pleasant part of my swimming pool. :-D

Ok, count me as one of those mean parents... I cannot stand to hear squealing children (by this I do not mean laughing and giggling, I mean screaming and shrieking), for this simple reason: Can you distinguish between a child shrieking with joy or one shrieking with terror?? I wouldn't want to take the chance ... sort of like crying wolf: the one time I did not check it out, it would be something bad...
You can laugh and make as much noise as you want, but nothing that sounds like shrieking... that should be reserved for 'danger'.

Kids the shriek and scream for no reason tend to get on my nerves. I agree with Mermaid queen on the shreiking

My 2 sons play in the pool and laugh and play and have fun... One of them screams/shrieks over every little thing that doesnt go his way, and it annoys the heck out of me because there is no reason for a kid to do this. THey have to learn to mind and just because a splash of water hits them they dont have to cry/scream/shreik. He is however getting alot better about this. But I will not cater to any kid that shrieks and screams bloody murder over nothing.

As I was once told "throwing a fit doesnt get you anything" and "lifes hard, learn to accept the fact the world doesnt revolve around you"

Now however, I do not have a problem w/ them playing, yelling a little bit in fun and games.

Makes me glad we live in the country. We can make all the noise we want and the only complaints are from the dogs and cows. The cat just looks at us like he is disgusted to see us behaving like that. The massive, length of the pool, full-contact basketball games tend to get a little loud. :shock:

kids and noise

I live in the country - my closest fence is about 400 feet away from the pool - and I still won't stand for those blood curling shrieks, if someone's screaming bloody murder, there better BE blood.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind noise to a degree, but I run to see what's the matter when I hear those awful screams (because that's what responsible parents should do), once, I ran over to a neighbours (600 feet away) because I thought a kid was hurt from their trampoline - I cleared the horse fence in one bound - I was mad as "H E double hockey sticks" when I found out it was one of the kids just goofing off and his parents - 50 feet away didn't bat an eye - they got an earful and he's pretty quiet now....

Matt :lol: I can really understand - I feel the same way - What is wrong with teaching children that they don't have to do certain things? You wouldn't let an adult act that way, why should you allow a child. It is all this politically correctness :evil: There ia nothing wrong with a child's play sounds - but it is not necessary to scream and shriek :roll: Whatever happened to common courtesy?

OH boy, you guys would not want to be my neighbors then!! Ha. Ray, our Macaw can and does sound like a shreiking child but about 100db louder I think. All the parrots get noisy twice a day (after sunrise and before sunset) so Ray doesn't yell that much, but if he sees me pull in the driveway at the end of the day he wants attention! If he thinks its me, he often yells "Mommmmmmmm! Momma, Momma, Momma!" and once our UPS man thought it was an injured child. lol. If startled he can scream like a 12yr old girl at a Freddie Krueger movie. The birds like to be out at the pool while we have fun and if they see us out there without them, they can make a ruckus!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can understand around a pool how a screaming kid might be a nuisance, but it doesn't bother me AT ALL if it's not my kid.

2.gif

Yes, it has always upset my very docile dogs when little girls visiting run around screaming like mimi's. They think it's some kind of wounded prey. jenn

We had a rule when my kids were young. No blood curdeling screams unless someone was bleeding, on fire, or being stalked. Laughing was ok and regular kids noise, but DH slept during the day when the kids were small and the screams usually got him out of bed in a panic. Even small kids need to know that there is a place and time for everything. Once one of my daughters friends started screaming & I came flying out of the house with the first aid kit and phone. It was the last time that happened! Maybe thats part of the problem with some kids now they aren't given any rules? Kimrst

I ran out front this afternoon b/c I thought my kids were doing some of those blood-curdling screams. They were fine. It was 2 little girls across the street and 3 houses away -- and we're on acre+ lots. That was cute. :roll:
I'm w/ most of you. I have no problem w/ the kids being kids but those high-pitched screams just make my skin crawl.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.