Purchasing AGP online - so confused with all the choices

Apr 30, 2016
Hurley
We recently bought a house that had an AGP (that unfortunately the owners sold the day before we viewed the house) so now we have this big bare flat circle in the yard that's just begging for a pool. Plus I've had intex's before and always wanted a more permanent pool.

I really want either a 24' or 27' would love a 30' but that would probably require some amount of grading. 52 or 54 inch wall height. Thinking about a dish out for added depth but not a necessity as the grandkids are still small.

There are no pool dealers in our area of the boondocks that I'm willing to purchase from, they quoted me almost $4000 for a Yorkshire pool (only brand they sell) that I found online for $1000 so I think they are over priced.

All the options online are driving me crazy, I can't decide where to buy from, or even what to buy. I'd love to keep the price in the $1500 to $2000 range if at all possible because Id like a deck. But could spend a lil more if absolutely necessary.

Sorry for the long post, here are my questions has anyone here bought their pool online? Was it a good or bad experience? What sites do you recommend? Is my price range doable? I guess my biggest problem is some of the ridiculous package pricing I'm seeing, the pool itself seems fairly cheap compared to the price of a liner/pump/filter/ladder package add on. So I'm thinking buying everything separate, is that wise?

And lastly, if this isn't the correct forum for these kind of questions, is there another you could direct me to?

Thanks in advance for any & all help/advice/conversation. I'm going crazy and DH doesn't care he just wants a pool doesn't have any preferences for steel/resin or anything else as long as he doesn't have to take it down in the fall lol

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I have not bought an AG pool online and haven't had one myself. Your best bet would be to use the search box on the forums to look for AG pool recommendations, at least on brand. You may also find some folks who have purchased all or part of their AG pool online. Good luck!

I went through this same issue 3 years ago. Fortunately I have multiple pool dealers near me and I either found extremely high prices or dealers not wanting to order the pool I wanted. I purchased a 18'x45'x52" pool online through poolandspa.com. Many places sell them just find one you like.

I did this after much checking. Large pools are not easy to install and so I found an installer first after finding this site. He agreed to the job gave me an estimate and I placed the order.

I bought just the pool, liner and filter. Didn't want the whole package wanted to purchase what I wanted. I will also tell you shop around for the parts such as the filter system. I did found it cheaper and the online dealer marked it down to match the price.

Also think about how you will get it home or deal with it when it is delivered. Most are heavy and come packaged on pallets. If you can get a deliver truck to your house you may need to pick it up from their distribution facility. I did just that so I didn't have to worry about how to unload it. I had them use a fork lift and they put it in my trailer and I unloaded it by hand when I got it home.

The price may be doable depending on what you want. Aluminum or steel, paying an installer or doing it yourself all add to cost. Don't forget about electricity for the filter and the cost to bond the pool. Also something you can do yourself if you know how and save a lot of money.

Good luck. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both very much for your replies! I apologize for not responding sooner, I've been searching every site that I can find for a pool and can safely say I've visited every AG pool sales site online lol

Also thanks for the heads up Mike, about going to the distribution facility to get my order when it arrives, I've been extremely worried about how I would get it off the truck.

Here's where I'm at now, in the past few days I drove to a pool dealer about 4 hours away to see what they had on offer & to see if I could get a better idea of the sizes, which was a total bust all around lol they currently only sell 1 pool model mfg by vogue & it's the only one they've sold for 15 years! They quoted me $3900 for it, but after I got home I was able to find it for around $1500ish online. Though theirs does come with a very impressive "looking" sand filter it was about 3-3 1/2 ft high & round enough I couldn't bear hug it. Atleast I now have a grasp on how big these sand filters really are. My biggest disappointment in going there was the fact they didn't have any models up, but there was a guy actually installing an 18ft while I was there, I enjoyed watching him install it & picked his brain as I'll be DIY-ing my pool. But seeing that 18ft left me with another dilemma, I was pretty much set on 27ft round but that 18ft looked HUGE!! Alot bigger than the 18ft I painted on the ground lol the dealer said it only looked so big because they installed it in an enclosed area.

But on the good news front i narrowed my choices down to 2-3 pool pool. Models from an online store, so atleast I know where I'm going to buy from. Note all I hafta do is find the rest of my essentials and I'll be ready to make a final decision.

Before I make the purchase I need to find a good filter system, I'm probably going to go with a sand filter.

So if anyone has a link to where I can buy a great sand filter&pump without a great big price tag id love to hear it! Or if you have any recommended pools you'd like to share I'll take a look before I make my final decision.

Also if anyone has an 18ft round pool, do you recommend that size, or do you wish you'd gotten a bigger one?

Thanks so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.