SwimPure Plus Installation Help please.

MNAL

May 7, 2009
Hey everyone I am BRAND NEW here, nothing like a problem to help you find a awesome informational community like this! :-D
So bear with me and let me know if I'm missing anything.
I just bought a house last year that came with a pool. I wasn't able to get any use out of it before I had to close it(but the dogs did!). So to start it off this year I bought a Hawyard SwimPure Plus SWG for it. I am a little confused on how to wire it(I am rather competent with wiring in general) in the diagram that came with it, it says to wire it on the load side of the pool timer. Well I don't have a timer for my pump, just the power switch that has "hi","low", and "off". Before I just went a head and attempted to hook it up myself I would see if any one else has any help they can offer me or if maybe they have had a sinilar problem. After all it is a rather pricey item just to "wing it" with. Not sure if it will help but, I live in Minesota, sand filter, 3500gal in ground vinyl pool.

Thanks!

Mnal,

Welcome aboard!

Can you provide a list of your equipment? More specifically, how is your pump controlled, if not via a timeclock?
Electronic control system?
Directly wired to a circuit breaker and you manually turn to Pump OFF, Pump On-High, or Pump On-Low?

What is your normal pump operation hours per day? How many hours on high speed vs low speed?

Thanks Poolsean! Yes, it is directly wired to a circuit breaker and I manually turn to Pump OFF, Pump On-High, or Pump On-Low. What the previous home owner told me is that during the night they ket it run on low and after heaver use they ran it on high. This being my first pool I never gave it much thought besides that, but I'm almoast thinking should I look into a timer? If so any suggestions?

Thanks!

Most pools are fine running on low 24 hours a day. Still, it is nice to have a timer, so you have the option of running less if you want to. Intermatic makes a number of timers that are inexpensive and will work well in this situation. They have a number of different models to choose from. The T100 series is a good place to start looking. You should be able to find one for under $100. Just make sure you get a timer designed for the voltage (110/220) that your pump is using. You could also get a fancier model that supports automatic switching between low and high speed. Personally, I like to have manual control over the pump speed, and keep the timer to simple on/off.

In any case, you want to wire the SwimPure Plus so that it is only powered on when the pump is running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.