2nd year opening first year becoming a tfpm

Every pool is so different. TA is the last thing to work on. How we deal with TA is to find the sweet spot with the PH. If your PH is fairly stable then your TA is right where it needs to be. If you PH keeps jumping right back up without too much help then your TA needs to come down.

This is where a good log of your test results comes in.

Every level in TFP is a suggestion........find what works best in YOUR pool and use it.

Please only use the Pool Math (look at the the top of the page for the direct link). Do not use the wheel thing or such.

Kim:cat:

i will check in the morning. ive been checking everyday and writing the info down so i can start checking every other day or so. despite throwing all this ma in, my water looks better than it did last year. of course many have asked why and or are you gonna swim in that and iv'e told them that there are millions of people using this method and if it wasn't safe, it would be labels for a pool.

i checked today and my ph was at 7.6 but the ta was at 120. so i figured i would add ma one more time and then test ph every other day just to see if it stays stable. every pool is different of course but since i"ve only added liquid chlorine and ma< my pool looks better than last year. at temps of 70, in 2 days iv'e only lost 2ppm of chlorine and generally, i keep it at 6 or 6.4 but ill be leaving this weekend for 2 days so ill prolly bring it up a little untill my neighbor comes home from vacation.

That is so neat to hear you pool looks better than it did last year! NICE job!

For the weekend get away you just push your FC up to SLAM level for your CYA and it should be good to go. IF your CYA is not too high you can add a puck to a floater or the tube if you have one.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.