Basic Automation Q: Pentair Pump, AquaRite SWG, solar to come, lights possible

jbailey895

Apr 25, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
Just starting to renovate our rectangular 17.5k gal. pool. Already has Pentair Intellifo pump and AquaRite SWG. Had solar but removed for PV panels, but will eventually get solar back.

I'm considering LED lights, solar, automated valves, poolsafe cover (already installed, but not automated). I understand Hayward and Pentair don't speak the same language, but is there a system, similar to easytouch, that will monitor and unite the different pool functions, with expandability to add the other items, such as:
1. control solar for constant pool temp,
2. actuate valves between spa and pool;
3. Monitor SWG;
4. Remote lighting,
5. Open/Close pool cover?

the pool is relatively small, and automation is not essential, but I'm trying to plan ahead once I get everything "dialed in". Budget is a concern, so if its too expensive, it probably won't make sense, but I don't even have a clue at this point. Buddy has an easy touch system and its nice, but if its over a couple grand for the system, probably won't be worth it to me.

Thanx for any advice (including "don't bother, you're too cheap ;-))

I think you would be best to stick with Pentair automation if you do it due to your pump, but the Hayward SWG will have to be kept separate as it will not interface. Only thing you could do is put the SWG on a timer.

Check out the Zodiac IQ904-PS iAqualink bundle. $800 on Amazon.

Should do everything you need except possibly control the AQR. Small price to pay though.

Will control Pentair pump, Pentair lights, solar. Has solid solid web app and simple hardware to make that happen. Simple wiring using existing sub panel.

Not sure about the remote cover, don't have much experience with those. If all it needs is a relay, you're good to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.