Every morning my spa leaks about 2 inches of water

mag357

Feb 17, 2014
East coast
My first post and I hope I am posting in the right forum.
I have a spa pool combo and the leak in my spa have me baffled. Let me try to explain the situation. The spa has a spill over, when the timer shut the system down, the next morning the spa would have leaked about an inch.
However, if before the system shuts down I use the valve and turn of the spa return, the next morning there would be no leak, not even a cup would have leaked. I don't know if it's the check valve that is bad or the spa return valve. Can someone help in this matter please.

Thanks

More than likely it is a leaking check valve. If you have the kind that can be serviced, they are fairly easy to replace.

More than likely it is a leaking check valve. If you have the kind that can be serviced, they are fairly easy to replace.

+1

Every time I've used my in-line puck chlorinator, my spa starts losing water overnight due to compromised innards on one of my check valves. I'm getting good at replacing them: Last time, the whole repair job took me about 3 minutes.

I want to thank both of you for replying, the problem was in my check valve like you mentioned. I was using some pool putty near the skimmer and I don't know how it happened but some of the putty was on the edge of the check valve flap, it was hard so I don't know how it got stuck there. After removing and replacing the check valve part it leak no more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.