Newbie to forum - Getting pool refurbished

May 1, 2016
Abington, PA
Hi All! Getting my 17,000 gallon pool refurbished. PB comes recommended by a friend who had a in ground installed a couple years ago.

I hoping to get a some opinions on filter, SWG, and finish. Here is what the PB recommended:

HAYWARD 450 CLUSTER CARTRIDGE FILTER - (I'm looking to get away from the DE filter that I have now.)
GOLDLINE SALT TO CHLORINE GENERATOR - (Thoughts on this brand?)
Quartzscapes finish

Thanks in advance!

Pool.jpg

First - I'm sure glad I stumbled upon this forum. Great information you guys are providing!

I wanted to give this thread a bump and get some opinions on these trees hovering over my pool. Bought the house in 97' and have been battling these trees ever since. Getting the pool refurbished and thinking it's a perfect time to part ways with them. My wife wants to keep them but she's not the one taking care of the pool! Thoughts?

I haven't ordered the test kit yet beings were going to be down for awhile. Should I get the TF-100 or the K-2006?

Also, I edited my signature to what the NEW set up will be. The existing pool is an old Anthony that was installed in 78' with a DE filter. Looking to get away from the backwashing mess so the PB recommended the oversize cartridge. I'll post some pics of my setup later today and I'll be sure to post pics during the renovation.

Thanks in advance!

The TF100 is a better value because you get more tests that you need. It is the kit I have been using for years. I would definitely remove any trees or bushes that drop stuff in the pool and/or do not provide shade where you want some or privacy/view block. I also lost the battle on cutting down a 40-50' tree that is 10' or 12' from the pool and throws plenty of stuff in the pool. Do not use my name in conversations with your wife about cutting down trees! :-D

Personally, I'd get rid of those trees. Go buy her more flowering trees for the front yard.

You have your work cut out for you don't you?! That pump station looks antique! :mrgreen: