Above ground pool Installation water issue at grade

jzcop

May 12, 2015
fairfield, nj
Hi everyone,

just wanted to say great forum and information. I'm new and in the process of my above ground pool installation. I'm putting up a 15x33 oval pool and have just finished the rough level grade. The pics below show my house leader drain runs on the outside perimeter close to where the end wall will be. There is water run out saturation from the underground leader pipe which makes this corner soft and saturated. I have not had a heavy brain storm yet but am concerned with any effect this may have on the corner edge of the pool wall. I am located in new jersey and have cold winters. any thoughts on what action to take and if this will have an effect if not moved or re routed to another side of the property. Thanks

View attachment 47320View attachment 47321

Can you move the pool to the left at all? If so, you should do so!

It looks like you have some big equipment there and that will make it easier, dig the old one up and dig a new trench away from the pool and install it there, you can make a sump pit at the end of it to help with dispersion, just dig down 4 feet or so and and 4 to 6 feet round and fill halfway with rock, end your new line over the middle and fill the rest of the way with dirt.

Or you can do something like this with a pump Sump Basin Kansas City - KC Pro - Services the Kansas City Area

thanks for the help, im moving the leader drain. Next question, im going with a 1 inch Extruded polystyrene bottom 4x8 sheets over leveled and compacted grade that i have in the picture. I will be gluing and taping the seems with tyvek tape. is there any other base i should add first below the polystyrene sheets or above before the pool liner? Most of my concern would be tree roots and im in new jersey so frost and heaving are also a consideration.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.